- By signing the agreement, the exhibitor is committed to pay the agreed costs within the stipulated period (within 30 days from the invoice date) and to participate in the event. The exhibitor also commits him/herself to the correct and timely delivery of any agreed texts, images, articles and/or services for this event.
- If (a part of) the agreement is cancelled, there will be no refund of the agreed costs for the purchased and reserved stand space.
- As an exhibitor you agree that images that are made during the MIE (photos, videos) can be used in our communications.
- The construction of stands
- Construction will take place on 4 February 2020. The exact construction and dismantling times can be found in the manual for stand construction. Deviation from these times is only possible in case of written permission from the organization.
- The organization is entitled to stop and/or interrupt the construction of stands, if there is reason to do so.
- The exhibitor must have completed the construction and layout of the stand at least 30 minutes before the opening of the event.
- At the end of the event the exhibitor is obliged to return the stand space to the same condition as found before the event.
- The exhibitor is obliged to register and deregister with the organization.
- General provisions for stands
3.1 Stand crew
- Conditions set by the organization with regard to the construction and design of the stand must be followed, as well as the general terms and conditions set by the management of the event building, the stand builder and/or the AV supplier. During the opening hours of the event, the stand may not be closed, or left unattended, without the prior permission of the organization.
- Two free day-tickets per day for stand crew are included per 'standard' stand. In total you are therefore entitled to 4 day-tickets. PLEASE NOTE: The four free cards for the stand crew will be deducted from the invoice sent to you after the MIE.
- Hired actors (or other staff) may not bear any advertisements from the sponsor, or distribute flyers or other items, unless this has been agreed upon as a sponsorship option. Handouts may only be handed out in the conference rooms, unless otherwise agreed with the organization.
3.2 Other general provisions
- The organization is authorized to change a stand space that has already been allocated, without the exhibitor being able to claim compensation for damage.
- The aisles, emergency exits and fire-hose reels must be completely free of obstacles at all times.
- The costs for the transport of goods and/or stand materials are for the account of the exhibitor, unless otherwise specified in the participation form.
- The exhibitor is not allowed to:
- rent the stand space occupied by him/her in whole or in part to third parties, or make it available to third parties in another way.
- exchange stand space.
- advertise and/or make announcements outside the rented stand/space. The same goes for the distribution of flyers, giveaways and other items outside the rented stand/space, unless this has been agreed with the organization and recorded in writing in a sponsorship agreement.
- remove decoration of the stand, or clear out the stand before the official closing of the congress (i.e. the official closing of the drinks at 7 p.m.). After the official closure, the stand builder will start dismantling the stand within 45 minutes. Any decorative material present must therefore be removed immediately after the official closure. Liability for damage, or loss of present decorative material after that time is excluded by the organizer and the stand builder.
- keep highly flammable, explosive, odor-spreading substances/gases and/or dangerous goods within the building where the trade fair takes place, nor on the surrounding grounds.
- hinder other exhibitors from using their stand and/or cause inconvenience. If an exhibitor is causing nuisance, the organization has the right to remove the exhibitor from the stand, without notice and without judicial intervention, and to send an invoice for the costs incurred. In such event, the exhibitor is not entitled to a refund, nor to compensation for damage.
- exhibit products and/or services that, in the opinion of the organization, are not in accordance with the purpose and/or concept of the event.
- attach objects/materials/texts to the exhibition building.
- bring his/her own drinks and food, or distribute them to visitors. The organization provides the necessary catering (coffee/tea/water, lunch and drinks). All additional catering services must be purchased at the Jaarbeurs at the "catering rates" applicable at the Jaarbeurs.
3.3 Power and AV resources
- There is a power point in the stand for computer equipment (such as: laptop, monitor, beamer). It is not allowed to connect household appliances (coffee maker, kettle etc.) to this power point. It is also not permitted to extend the number of power points with sockets or extension cords. If more power points are required, this must be communicated to the organization as soon as possible.
- AV equipment, such as extra beamers, screens and the like, can be ordered from the designated AV supplier. The organization is not responsible for non-compliance with agreements made between the AV supplier and your company.
- The organization does not assume any liability for the functioning or non-functioning of the telecommunications, or the internet.
- Technical provisions before and during the event are provided by the facilities department of the organization, or by a third party designated by the organization.
3.4 Plants and green decoration
- The placement of plastic green decorations (plants, flowers, etc.) is permitted if it can be classified in fire propagation class 2, in accordance with NEN 6065.
- If the plastic green decoration does not meet the set standards, such decoration is only permitted to a very limited extent. The local fire department and/or the organization will decide whether such decoration is allowed.
- So-called "living greenery" is permitted. During the exhibition the fire safety standards will be tightened with regard to felled material (dehydration), so requirements can still be set with regard to rendering the decorative material non-flammable.
- If plants are placed in a peat bed, the peat bed must be moistened regularly. The size, as well as the layer thickness of the peat bed, should be limited. Any spots present in the peat bed must be placed firmly and stably.
Floors are cleaned in the evening. You are responsible for keeping your own stand clean. If, in the opinion of the organization, the amount, or the nature of the waste, exceeds 'the reasonable and/or usual', the organization can recover the costs incurred for the removal of such waste, from the exhibitor.
3.6 Damage and theft
- To prevent damage to the standard materials of the stand, the following rules must be observed. It is not allowed to:
- drill, screw, staple and/or nail into the walls;
- to write on the walls with ballpoint pen, markers, pencils or other writing materials.
- cover the walls and the aluminum frames with double-sided tape, or other fixing materials, which leave glue residue on removal, or cause other damage.
- Damage caused by non-compliance with the above instructions will be charged by the stand builder. Damage resulting from improper use on the trading floor will be charged by the MOA on the basis of the calculated damage. The starting rate for this is € 50 (excl. VAT).
- The organization is in no way liable for damage, loss and/or theft of goods, nor for any injury caused to the visitors in the stand, before, during and/or after the event. During the event, the exhibitor is liable for all damage caused in or by their stand. It is up to the exhibitor to get an insurance for such risks.
3.7 Delivery and removal of goods during the event days
The delivery of goods, stand material excluded, must take place on 4 or 5 February (before 8:30 am at the latest). The removal of goods must take place on 6 February. The exhibitor is not permitted to remove the goods at another time. If the exhibitor does not respect the rules with regard to the supply and removal of goods, the organization is not responsible for damage.
- Payment terms
Payment takes place on the basis of a 100% invoice. Payment is due 30 days after the invoice date. In the event of no or late payment, the organization is entitled to refuse access to the exhibition floor and/or other sponsoring activities.
- Cancellation and reimbursement
In the event of force majeure, the organization is entitled to cancel the event. In such event the exhibitor cannot claim compensation for damage. Force majeure exempts the organization from fulfilling its contractual obligations for causes that could not be anticipated and/or are beyond the control of the organization. In such a case, the organization will dissolve the agreement by writing. If the event is canceled, due to the aforementioned unforeseen reason, registrations and any agreements already made will be cancelled. Payments already made in respect of sponsoring activities will be refunded, after deduction of costs already incurred for the organization. Such costs will be apportioned proportionally over the exhibitors. If it is decided to cancel the event, this refund will take place within 60 days.
If the organization, other than in the event of force majeure, decides to cancel the event, which is at the discretion of the organization, the organization will inform the exhibitors in writing at least four weeks before the start of the event. The agreement will be dissolved after this written statement. The exhibitor is then entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, without any further liability for damages for the organization.
- Other provisions
The contractual and legal liability of the organization towards the exhibitor is limited to the amount of the participation costs. In case of non-fulfillment of an obligation by the exhibitor, the organization is entitled to dissolve the agreement (in writing) in whole or in part, without prior notice of default and without this resulting in a liability for damages for the organization. In the event that the organization claims the exhibitor is in default, or in the event of legal proceedings against the exhibitor regarding the agreement, the exhibitor is obliged to reimburse all costs incurred (including any costs for legal assistance) to the organization.
At all times the organization reserves the right not to process a registration. No further rights can be derived from participation with regard to subsequent events. For the other conditions and detailed guidelines, we refer to the manual for Stand Construction MIE 2020 and the General Terms & Conditions of the Jaarbeurs.
MOA, Expert Center for Marketing Insights, Research & Analytics, Kabelweg 57, 1014 BA Amsterdam Tel .: 020 581 07 10 Chamber of Commerce number: 341 355 87